Big Ideas is a major research theme for ideasLAB and aims to develop design labs that increase our understanding of the science and art of learning online and seeks to better understand how new online tools and technologies are leading to new learning practices.
Understanding Virtual Pedagogies Design Labs:
- online learning results in self directed, self organized project based learning that happens anywhere and anytime, empowers the learner
- what implications and opportunities of this kind of learning for schools
- should learning communities be built around the notion of people, purpose or projects
- What are learners doing in Personal Learning Networks (PLN's) or online communities?
- How are they learning? Structured courses or project based learning
- What are features, functions and strengths of each?